LOCATION: Chicago, IL, USA
REPORTS TO: Sr. Director Design
Since 1997, TGI has empowered sports rights holders to maximize the value of their commercial rights by enabling brands to meaningfully connect with their target audience. From simple to complex, our diversified portfolio of products coupled with best-in-class event operations allows TGI to offer customized solutions to meet each client’s unique needs.
TGI has been a pioneer in the sports industry, continuously evolving and setting the benchmark in event branding, perimeter advertising and other technology solutions for the world’s premier sports organizations. Having recently introduced a new form of virtual advertising, TGI is searching for the right talent to not only manage existing clients and LED operations, but also deliver this innovative technology to the market.
The Motion Artist provides two essential functions: Supports the art department with the creation, trafficking and production of motion and print graphics. As well as assist the creative department in establishing best practices for animation project workflows.
· Performs pre-press functions on customer-supplied digital art files.
· Reviews, resizes, creates or edits animations for stadium LED boards.
· Prepares sponsor messages for use and display in-stadium.
· Output and optimizes files to proper specifications for use on digital signage systems.
· Collaborates with account and project management to create 3D renderings for the
purpose of sales proposals and installation guides.
· Creates scaled layout sheets for customer approval.
· Reviews, adapts and modifies the layout for artwork as needed to ensure quality print.
· Communicates with account managers and clients regarding artwork changes and
· Works with account managers on larger projects to create yellow box books, render
books, event summaries, and any other tools used to assist with management of the
· Sends production files to printers via FTP.
· Assists in coordinating art projects with account executives.
· Coordinates with clients regarding changes to artwork.
· Adheres to project schedules and deadlines.
· Creates, organizes and archives files according to established practices.
· Utilizes general office competencies to accomplish objectives.
· Performs related duties as assigned or as the situation dictates.
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
• 3 or more years of design, production and/or motion graphics experience.
• Proficient using a Macintosh computing platform.
• Proficient with Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign, & After Effects).
• Cinema 4D and/or UX/UI experience a definite plus.
• Strong typography and design composition skills.
• Ability to problem solve and dynamically contribute new ideas within a collaborative
• Well organized with a keen attention to detail. Follow up and follow through.
• Ability to prioritize and re-prioritize as needed to meet daily, monthly and annual
• Ability to work well with others at various levels within the organization as well as
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
The candidate is expected to work from the office a minimum of two days a week with the remaining workdays done remotely from a home office free of disturbances. Work location is the downtown Chicago office. Dress code is casual. The Motion Artist works Monday through Friday (8am-5pm), and on occasion may need to work beyond the normal hours to meet project deadlines. Personal time-off (vacations and comp time) should be planned around heavy periods of event activity.
Must be able to perform job duties with or without reasonable accommodation. The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees and is not to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the employer.
Candidates should submit their CV along with a cover letter explaining how their experience and skillset will enable them to deliver the key tasks and responsibilities of the role to HR@TGI.Sport
Applicants who are not invited for interviews within 6 weeks may consider their applications unsuccessful. Personal data collected will be treated strictly confidential and be used for the purpose of recruitment only. All collected information will be kept on our files for 12 months.